Advanced Contemporary Portraiture & Figurative in Encaustic and Mixed Media with Lora Murphy – Working Large
The workshop dated September 29 to Oct 1 is full and names are being taken for a wait list – however we are proposing a second set of dates for this class October 2 to 4 (Monday to Wednesday). Please register if you are interested in these dates.
This intensive, fast past, workshop will be 3 full days. You will be working with a variety of materials and techniques Lora has either developed herself or borrowed from her classical painting background. You will be working on canvas and jute as well as wood panel, combining casein paint and gesso. You will also be using ink, paper, oil bars, cold wax, water based encaustic paint, pours and collage on board or on canvas. Lora will impart technical information while supporting you through an intuitive process. This class will provide a supportive environment and encourage you to reach new levels in your artistic process.
Note: Supply fee to be paid to instructor on the first day of the workshop.
If it becomes necessary for you to cancel the following policy will apply:
• If cancelling over one month in advance, refunds are given minus a 10% admin fee
• If cancelling in less than one month:
• You will need to find a person to replace you or lose the cost of the class
• We will help you in finding a replacement if there is a waitlist in place.
• Waitlisted persons will be given priority over anyone else when there is a cancellation
• A waitlist system will be set up by the Okanagan School of the Arts, Shatford Centre in case there are cancellations
• The workshop will be offered to the next name on the waitlist with a 24 hour grace period to respond.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Lora Murphy was born in Ireland and educated in Ireland , USA and Italy. Trained as an oil painter , she now works primarily in encaustic and mixed media . Lora teaches workshops in contemporary portraiture in encaustic throughout the world. Lora divides her time between Ireland and Denmark and maintains studios in both countries. Please visit Lora’s website http://loramurphypaintings.com/
Monday October 2 to Wednesday October 4
Shatford Centre, 760 Main Street, Penticton
$320 plus $70 supply fee to be paid to instructor on the first day
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.